Trade Filters for S1 and S2?

Discuss anything about ForexRealProfitEA here

Trade Filters for S1 and S2?

Postby Surrealistik » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi FRPEA,

The last couple of trading days have been a definite rollercoaster; lots of fast money on Monday that was more than given back the day after.

Perhaps S1 and S2 might benefit from some kind of volatility or trending filter that prevents them from running when a pair's volatility is too high or its direction is too strong? Alternately, do they have existing mechanisms to safe guard against such conditions? Of course, any such filter would only make sense if born out/verified as useful in tick backtests with an emphasis on the performance of more recent years.
Surrealistik
Beginner

Re: Trade Filters for S1 and S2?

Postby Support_AdrianS » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:29 pm

Dear Surrealistik,

FRPEA Strategy 1 already has a trend filter that works.
FRPEA Strategy 2 is designed to work on higher volatility and it was optimized for such trading conditions.
The only safe guard is the SL.
The big problem appears when the volatility becomes high after the trade is open, but that problem is solved by the optimized SL values; most of the times the trades are closed on lower loss.
Forex rollercoaster is hard to bear, but loss is part of the trading and cannot be avoided. The most important thing is to win more than we lose on longer term.

Kind regards,
Adrian
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Re: Trade Filters for S1 and S2?

Postby Surrealistik » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:55 pm

Of course, I'm in it for the long haul; so long as the DD doesn't exceed historical maximums too greatly (14-15% with base risk conservatively; the strategyquant DD calculator simply doesn't work last I checked in 2.0) I'm not at all alarmed or concerned; it's good to know such a filter exists. This is just an observation and a recommendation for potential improvement.
Surrealistik
Beginner

Return to General discussion