Risk Calculation

Discuss anything about ForexRealProfitEA here

Risk Calculation

Postby merlin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Hello I am new to EA's. My question is the handling of the 2% Risk percentage. Lets say that I attach the EA to all 11 recommended pairs. Would I be risking 22% of my account equity or is the system going to split the risk across all the pairs?

I have the default settings except for NFA which is set to TRUE (my broker is MBtrading which doesn't allow hedging).

Thanks
merlin
Rookie

Re: Risk Calculation

Postby support_CataH » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:15 am

Hello Merlin,

Theoretically yes, your assumption is correct. But just in theory, because practically this isn't possible. Firstly because not all the pairs open positions at the same time, and secondly because even if there are multiple transactions open its unlikely that all of them will hit SL. Actually ForexRealProfitEA has other rules of exiting a trade except the SL value and this makes it hardly hitting SL. If you check our real money live account you can figure out what to expect when trading our EA. If you look at this account for example http://www.myfxbook.com/members/fxrealp ... a-5/118982 (running FRPEA v5.xx) it NEVER hit SL in more than one year of trading. Our new robot (v6.xx) will probably not be able to trade a full year witout hitting the SL, but that still doesnt mean that you can loose 22% of the account in one single trading session. We calculated the risk so that if we loose 2 times more than the EA ever lost in backtests, the lost will not exceed 50%.

Regards,
Catalin
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
support_CataH
Beginner

Return to General discussion