loosing 12% of my live account right now.

Discuss anything about ForexRealProfitEA here

loosing 12% of my live account right now.

Postby zaff » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:08 pm

hi this bot did all the wrong trades today, so im currently loosing 12% if it hits the sl i think it would be a huge loss.

im not here to complain, im here to ask for a volatility filter, because the market today is going bloody crazy and i just want this thing to trade when really good conditions are met.

i looked for that option but cant seem to find it.

im loosing more than you on your real account. why could this be? maybe my broker?

damn i want a scotch!
zaff
Beginner

Re: loosing 12% of my live account right now.

Postby support_CataH » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:04 am

Hi Zaff. It could definately be your broker's fault, but also could be due to the risk you set. Are you trading with the default risk settings? And who is your broker?
Things like downgrading of Spain exactly at the robots trading ours, are not the firts time and will not be the last time to happen. We have to expect looses from time to time because it is the way towards profit. We are not worried at all.

Regards,
Catalin
ForexRealProfitEA Team.

PS: How was the Scotch?
support_CataH
Beginner

Postby zaff » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:29 pm

yes you're right, spain downgrade was kind of something.

i had wrong risk settings, as i had the old settings preset loaded so it was at 4.25 (my bad)

Hotforex is my broker, im going to test them for 2 more months and if my results differ from yours too much y maybe switch to peppersone.

about the scotch it solved all my problems, hehehe.
zaff
Beginner

Postby support_CataH » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Just as an advice. It is not necccesary to proceed like this if you dont like the ideea. Maybe it is not so bad if you keep the current risk procent untill you recover the present loss. If you lower the risk now, recovery will be slower. Problems like this shouldnt happen very soon, but you never know. One over another, if the worst period in the history is not coming in the next days, it should work with 4.25% risk, just that it will have a bigger drawdown.

Regards,
Catalin
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
support_CataH
Beginner

Postby deadducks » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:32 pm

:( Sorry about the hit on your live account :(

But, I am personally glad that this situation happened while I was testing a risky strategy on my demo account.
It dropped 20% Friday, which tells me to be more patient with my expected returns.
deadducks
Rookie

Return to General discussion