Switch EA off outside of Trading Times?

Questions & Answers

Switch EA off outside of Trading Times?

Postby forex@paladin-consultants.com » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi FRP Team,

yesterday I have started to test your EA on a Pepperstone Razor demo.
Settings are all default, apart from 'AvoidNews', which I've set to 'false'.

At 21.58 GMT the EA has opened a position which, of course, was still open when TradeTime ended a minute later; as a matter of fact, the position only closed this morning.

Since I am running all my Pepperstone accounts on one MT4 installation, I have closed the EA and logged off the demo account at around 22.30 GMT yesterday evening; the EA's trade session had been closed anyway, at that time.

My question now is whether it is ok to disconnect the EA, once it is past 22.00 GMT, even with positions still open (after all, the S/L and T/P levels are logged on the broker's server), or whether it is necessary to keep the EA running as long as trades it has opened are not completed, in order to enable the EA's algorithms to take effect.

Cheers,
P.
forex@paladin-consultants.com
Beginner

Re: Switch EA off outside of Trading Times?

Postby support_CataH » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Well, Paladin as I prevoiusly metioned to you, FRPEA uses an internal dinamic algorithm for SL and TP apart from the fixed SL and TP that are sent to the broker. So it is indeed neccesary to keep the EA running in order for it to have control on the trades and close them it closing signal (different from fixed TP and SL) occurs.

Regards,
Catalin
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
support_CataH
Beginner

Re: Switch EA off outside of Trading Times?

Postby forex@paladin-consultants.com » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Yep, that's what I thought when I read about your own trades having closed with losses, on the BabyPips forum.

lol, so my doing something 'wrong' (disconnecting the EA after 22.00 GMT) has saved me from a loss and given me an 'undeserved' gain. :lol:

I'll keep it running from now on, whenever there are still open FRP trades; I'll just have to install a second MT4, so I'll be able to access my other accounts while the EA is running.
I'd been under the impression that the algorithms only worked during trading times; now I know better. :)

P.
forex@paladin-consultants.com
Beginner

Return to Info & Support