Virus alert!?!

Questions & Answers

Virus alert!?!

Postby Lumpy_bd » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:07 pm

I have just downloaded the free demo (FOREXREALPROFITEAV5.26DEMO.ZIP) from the downloads area and my virus scanner has blocked the file, claiming it is infected with 'Win32/Boaxxe.B!generic'. Any thoughts?
Lumpy_bd
Rookie

Re: Virus alert!?!

Postby Lumpy_bd » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Another update: after downloading the file to a secure sandboxed test machine, it appears that the actual zip file is corrupt too and has no contents (other then an alleged virus).

Can someone e-mail me the zip file if possible please?

Thanks.
Lumpy_bd
Rookie

Re: Virus alert!?!

Postby Support_AdrianS » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:25 pm

When downloading or unzipping it is highly possible that your antivirus software gives you a virus alert. This is caused by Themida, a powerful file protection software, which is also used by virus writers in order to protect their viruses. That is why antivirus software always gives alerts when a Themida protected file is detected, because it is a high probability that the file is a virus. We are not virus writers, so please go ahead and disable the antivirus software in order to be able to download or unzip our files, once finished, enable the antivirus software and if needed, add an exception to it for the “frp.dll” file.
No need to worry about our dll.
It was tested on virustotal.com and you can make the same test, just to make sure.

We performed another scan today to see if there is a problem, but we found none.
Here is the report:
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... 1325682062

Important note: When you copy the attached file, please check if the copied file size is the same as the attached file size.
If the copied file size is NOT the same as the attached file size, you will receive an error message when unzipping, because your copy is not complete.
In this case try to copy the attached file again.

Kind regards,
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Return to Info & Support