Daylight Savings Adjustments?

Questions & Answers

Daylight Savings Adjustments?

Postby Surrealistik » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:35 am

Hi FRPEA Team,

Just to confirm, the EA automatically accounts for any change in the GMT offset such as Daylight Savings Time (DST) adjustments, correct?

I ask because my FRPEA at ICM on a CNS VPS missed the 03.11.2014 00:39 and 03.10.2014 23:23 GBPUSD and 03.11.2014 00:18 USDCAD trades today and there were no errors reported.

Strangely, my FRPEA at Excel Markets on the same VPS got those trades with the exact same timing, but not the 2 EURCAD ones.

EDIT: Hmm... as of 10:51 PM EST, it looks like the GBPUSD session on my ICM account is closed, and yet it's open on my Excel Markets account.
Surrealistik
Beginner

Re: Daylight Savings Adjustments?

Postby Surrealistik » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:02 am

Strange.

It looks like some of the pairs GMT didn't update properly on the ICM account:

USDCHF, USDJPY, GBPCHF, USDCAD and GBPUSD.

On the Excel Markets account the following didn't update properly:

USDJPY, EURCAD, EURCHF, EURGBP

Restarting MT4 or replacing the EA seems to work. That said, I feel there should be a periodic automated check built in as a safeguard to ensure that the GMT is correct (and resynchronize/fix it if it isn't) and avoid missed trades in the future.
Surrealistik
Beginner

Postby Support_AdrianS » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:25 am

Dear Surrealistik,

The GMT and Broker GMT offset are automatically calculated directly from the internet when the MT4 starts and on the first tick on Monday morning.
There is no need to change anything due to daylight saving time.
The GMT is also displayed on the chart.
You can check to see if everything is set correctly by comparing the GMT from the chart with the GMT from this link: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/
We had no issue regarding the GMT calculation so far, but if there are differences between GMT displayed on the chart and GMT from the mentioned link, is better to restart the MT4 platform.
I don't know what we could do regarding the check you mentioned, the GMT and broker GMT offset should be correct, as long as they are taken from trusted websites.

Kind regards,
Adrian
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Postby Surrealistik » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi Adrian,

Appreciate the prompt reply.

I'll screenshot it the next time it happens; I suspect that the failure to properly update the GMT/GMT offset had to do with DST, because this appears to have been the only time it's happened thus far.

In any event, this did affect the trading of the EA because it considered some sessions closed as a consequence.

Is there nothing that can be done to periodically check the GMT and ensure synchronicity?
Surrealistik
Beginner

Postby Support_AdrianS » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:50 am

Dear Surrealistik,

Thank you for the feedback.
We will consider your request for future updates.
We have to see how this change can be done.

Kind regards,
Adrian
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Return to Info & Support