MT4 Build 600 Thread

Questions & Answers

MT4 Build 600 Thread

Postby Surrealistik » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Figured I'd create this for any discussion/issues pertaining to the upcoming MT4 Build 600.
Surrealistik
Beginner

Re: MT4 Build 600 Thread

Postby Support_AdrianS » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:07 pm

Dear Surrealistik,

We discovered a compatibility problem between our robot (frp6.dll file) and the new MT4 platform - Build 600.

It is recommended to postpone the MT4 update to Build 600 until we fix this problem.

If you already made the update to MT4 Build 600 we recommend stopping FRPEA until this problem is solved.

In order to use the robot even if you made the update to MT4 Build 600, please use the following steps:

- Copy the "mt4_build509.zip" from www.forexrealprofitea.com / forum / Download area / MT4 Build 509 (don't forget to login first)
- Close the MT4 platform
- Go to your C:\\ProgramData\MetaQuotes folder and rename the "WebInstall" folder to something else like "NoWebInstall";
This folder is hidden, so don't forget to change the settings, in order to see hidden files on your system.
("WebInstall" folder is the source of the trouble that will automatically update any attempt to use old MT4 build 509)
- Copy the unzipped file "terminal.exe" over the current one
- Run the new "terminal.exe" file

Hopefully we will solve this by the end of this week.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
Adrian
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Postby Surrealistik » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Thanks for the information Adrian, I'll be sure to try that.

In other news, one of my largest accounts at IC Markets (go figure, of all the ones that could have been affected) got auto-updated with 600 while I was at work. As a result, it did not take the S5 EUR/USD trade (my smaller control account at ICM with the same setfile took it) which effectively outed me a cool $200 USD or so; I'm not at all happy.

It'd be hard for me to believe the audacity of Metaquotes, and their callous disregard for the people who use their platform if it weren't for the fact that they have done similar things before; imposing major updates during live market hours? What on earth are they thinking? This is all the more reason to port FRPEA to an alternative platform.
Surrealistik
Beginner

Postby Support_AdrianS » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:52 am

Hello,

In order to keep everything updated, we announce that the new version of FRPEA for MT4 Build 600+ is ready and running for more than 2 weeks.

It is available for all our paying members on www.forexrealprofitea.com - Member Zone, at Download section ("ForexRealProfitEA_Live.zip" file).

The new version of the robot for MT4 build 600+ no longer works on previous versions of MT4!

Kind regards,
Adrian
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Postby Surrealistik » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:50 am

Excellent work Adrian, glad to see that you're continuing to provide such excellent support!
Surrealistik
Beginner

Return to Info & Support