Help in some difficulty setup.

Questions & Answers

Help in some difficulty setup.

Postby eveready » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:24 am

Hi,
I am using ver 5.26 demo. Could you explain some difficulty i encounter in setup the EA here :
1.The max spread setting display on the chart is different with max spread setting i set in the EA.Example on EURCAD my max spread in EA is 4 but on the chart it's display max spread 7.5. This is happen to all 9 pair.
2.Is GMT calculation is based on computer time ? Ex : Current GMT (based at http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/) is 04:00 . My computer time is 12:00 . With GMT set to true on chart display GMT TIME : 12:00 . If i change my computer time to GMT time the chart display correctly (GMT TIME : 04:00).
3.Risk percent differences. On all 9 pair i have set my risk is 2 at EA setting, but on the chart it's display different risk percentage. Also the risk percentage on chart is always changing.
4.Could you elaborate more on UseVolatilityFilter . Ex how much of conservative it will be if i set it to "true".

Below is my setting for reference :
o Set_MaxSpread :
 EURUSD&USDCHF = 2.0
 EURCHF&EURGBP = 3.0
 USDCAD,EURCAD&GBPCHF = 4.0
 GBPUSD&USDJPY = 3.0
 Set_Slippage : 0.5
 MM_Option : 3
 Risk_percent : 2
eveready
Rookie

Re: Help in some difficulty setup.

Postby Support_AdrianS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:36 am

Dear eveready,

1. When UsePairDefaults is set to “true”, TakeProfit, and MaxSpread are automatically set by default with our optimized settings (they don’t need to be adjusted anymore). UsePairDefaults works only with the recommended pairs. When UsePairDefaults is set to “false”, TakeProfit, and MaxSpread have to be (can be) manually set.

Unfortunately the dynamic TP does not work without UsePairDefaults on true.
We will change that on the next update.

We recommend you to set UsePairDefaults to “true”, even if max spreads are higher.

2. Our expert advisor calculates the GMT using Windows Regional Settings of your PC.
If the GMT displayed on the chart by the EA coincides with the actual (correct) GMT, then everything is fine.

If differences arise, you can set the correct time by modifying Windows Regional Settings, or you can set UseAutoGMT on false and use the broker time for trading time. Knowing the actual GMT and your broker local time, you can easily calculate the local broker trading time for 21:00 to 21:59 GMT.

Just changing the hour of your local PC won’t solve the problem on long term. If you fail to set the Windows Regional Settings correctly then if the hour switches from summer time to winter time or vice versa (DST), differences can occur.

The easiest way to solve this problem is to set UseAutoGMT on false and use the broker time for trading time. Knowing the actual GMT and your broker local time, you can easily calculate the local broker trading time for 21:00 to 21:59 GMT.

3. The risk is automatically calculated and rounded to the minimum lot permitted by the broker.
The chart will not always show the risk setting, but will show the real risk, after rounding with the minimum lot or lot step permitted by the broker.
The risk from chart will show the real risk even if the money management is set to false and manual lot sizing is used.
There is no error, only real risk after rounding by Minlot or Lotstep.

You set the MM Option on 3, so the robot will calculate the risk according to your Account Free Margin. Because Free Margin is always changing (if you have open trades) so the risk will change.

4. For the conservative mode it’s better to adjust the Risk_percent.
The new version uses a more conservative logic and Volatility Filter and Trend Filter is no longer needed. They will be optimized (changed) with the next update.
If you use Volatility Filter and Trend Filter now, with the new version, the strategy would be too conservative and long-term profit would be affected.

For a better understanding of risk, at a 4.25% Risk Percent for each currency (9 pairs), annual average profit is 100% and maximum draw down is 32%.
The calculated profit and max draw down is for the last 5 years on backtest.
The test was done on tick data, using the Dukascopy history database, from January 1, 2007 to October 22, 2011.
We calculated the risk so that if we loose two times more than the historical maximum draw down, using money management, total loss will not exceed 50% of the account.

You can use these details to adjust the risk for a more conservative mode.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Postby eveready » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:22 am

Thanks for your detail answer.

Regarding question no 2 (GMT TIME). I am using VPS and changing Windows Regional Setting in the VPS is not affect to other. So what is correct way to to change it ? My VPS is using Windows Server 2003 R2.
eveready
Rookie

Postby Support_AdrianS » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:48 am

Dear eveready,

Go to Windows Start Menu / Settings / Control Panel / Date and Time Properties (or double click the clock in the bottom right corner of the screen )
Check Time Zone (GMT +X) to see the GMT Offset (+/- X).

If the local computer time (or VPS time) is GMT +/- GMT Offset from Date and Time Properties / Time Zone, then the time is set correctly.

If not, set the time manually on Date and Time Properties / Date & Time, so that local time is manually set to equal GMT + / - GMT Offset.

(e.g. if GMT time is 15:38:00 and Control Panel / Date and Time Properties / Time Zone is GMT +3, then local computer time on Control Panel / Date and Time Properties / Date & Time should be set to 18:38:00 ).

After you finish, check to see if the GMT time is correctly calculated on the chart.
If everything is fine, you can set UseAutoGMT on True also.

If the GMT displayed on the chart by the EA coincides with the actual (correct) GMT (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/), then everything is fine.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Return to Info & Support