Money Management not correct on TDFX

Questions & Answers

Money Management not correct on TDFX

Postby 4xtrademan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:46 am

Downloaded the demo and started running some backtests on TDFX and Thinkforex and am impressed. But I am having some issues with MM on TDFX. With a starting balance of 10k all default setting except autogmt off and gmt times +1 It trades 1.0 lots ( 5 risk) for the entire year of 2010 and also 2011 when I run 1-1-2010 to 3-1-2011. ok so I changed it to down to "1 risk". Now it trades at .05 lot size (TDFX minimum). If I set it to " 15 risk" it trades at 2.0 lot size and never changes. If I set it to 20 risk size it trades at 2.0 lot size. Something is definitely not right.

When I test it on Thinkforex the same exact setting except gmt +0 it starts at .50 lot size (correct amount for risk 5 on a 10k starting balance). It then increases accordingly with wins and loses in .01 increments. MM seems to be working fine on Thinkforex.

TDFX (TadawulFX) is a 4-digit non ecn broker. Minimum lot size is .05 and will increase in .01 increments.

I have some EAs from TradingSystemForex that i use and they have a setting called LotDigits that fixes MM problems when I trade them on TDFX. Other EAs like Megadroid and accuscalper work fine with TDFX as they have found a way around it too.

Can you please fix the Forex Real Profit EA MM to work correctly with TDFX.

Based on what I research so far I will be purchasing your EA tomorrow and starting trading it live as soon as I determine some safe settings that trade on my demos correctly. I am sure I can just trade manual lots until you come up with a fix. Hopefully it shouldn't be to big of a deal since there are many EAs out there that trade correctly with TDFX.

Thank you for your time and consideration to fix this. :D
4xtrademan
Rookie

Re: Money Management not correct on TDFX

Postby Support_AdrianS » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:45 pm

We have discovered the problem and it will be fixed as soon as possible, we hope with the next update on March 13, 2011.

Few things about Money Management:

The program automatically calculates the LotStep allowed by the broker and automatically generates the “LotDigits”.
Because the LotStep (increment) allowed by TDFX is 0.05 (not 0.01) the program calculates incorrectly the LotStep (increment).

The code is:

if(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSTEP)==0.001) mmdigits=3;
if(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSTEP)==0.01) mmdigits=2;
if(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSTEP)==0.1) mmdigits=1;
if(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSTEP)==1) mmdigits=0;

Where mmdigits = LotDigits

So the LotStep of 0.05 is nowhere and the program thinks that LotStep is 1. The increment used is 1 lot.

Thank you for reporting this problem.

It is a problem specific to this broker and it is an exception.

As we said before, it will be fixed as soon as possible, we hope with the next update on March 13, 2011.

Thank you for your interest.
Kind regards,
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Postby 4xtrademan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:28 am

Thank your for acknowledging the issue, presenting detailed info on the fix and a timeline /date when it should be implemented. Looking forward to trading with FRP and working with you guys for a long time. It's so hard to find a real ea these days that has potential and real support behind it. Thank you for sharing and giving others the opportunity to trade with your EA.

Sincerely,

4xTradeMan

Buying my first copy right now. :D
4xtrademan
Rookie

Postby Support_AdrianS » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:55 pm

The Money Management problem has been fixed.
Our expert advisor works with any LotStep now.

Kind regards,
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Return to Info & Support