Vers 6.06 EURUSD FIgures don't add up?

Postby gaurasrs » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi,

Version 6.06 backtest on EURUSD looks a little strange:

S1 = 795 trades, $3075.36 Net Profit
S2 = 440,trades $4927.88
S3 = 607 ,trades $12557.00

But ....
All strategies combine i.e. S1 + S2 + S3 + S4 = 1844 trades, $33,773.72 Net Profit

So that appears to say that S4 with 2 trades made $13,214 Net Profit; so I am either interpreting the figures incorrectly or the figures are incorrect or some other option.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Best wishes,
Jeff
gaurasrs
Rookie

Re: Vers 6.06 EURUSD FIgures don't add up?

Postby Support_AdrianS » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Dear Jeff,

All tests were made using Money Management set to "true".
That means that the lot size was adjusted depending on the account balance.
When all strategies were used together, the increase of balance were different compared to the back tests where strategies were used separately.
In conclusion, it's because there were differences in the lot size used, depending on the test method and the results of the tests.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Postby gaurasrs » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi Adrian,

That makes sense and I believe I understand what you're saying; so then what of Strategy 4 results for EURUSD - does that mean strategy 4 does not run any trades on that currency pair?

Best wishes,

Jeff
gaurasrs
Rookie

Postby Support_AdrianS » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Dear Jeff,

Not all strategies are used on all currencies, the robot automatically chooses the strategies used depending on the currency used, even if you set all strategies to "true".

This option only allow you to choose which strategies to use or not (from the strategies allowed for each currency), depending on your preference.

For example:
If you set all strategies to "true" on euraud, the robot will trade only strategy 1 and 2, because strategy 3 and 4 don't work with this currency and the robot is programed not to trade those strategies on that currency.
But, if you set only strategy 1 to "true" for euraud, the robot will use only strategy 1 and strategy 2 will be stopped. Strategies 3 and 4 will not be used, no matter what the settings are.

You can see what strategies work for each currency if you look at Backtests Details folder.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Return to Info & Support