why is it my bot taking diferent trades than yours.

Questions & Answers

Postby zaff » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:35 am

hi today my frp v6 took nzd/usd - gbp/usd - eur/aud

yours (7) took : gbp/usd eur/cad eur/aud

mine is loosing slight bit more.

why is it?

thanks.
zaff
Beginner

Re: why is it my bot taking diferent trades than yours.

Postby Support_AdrianS » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:50 am

Dear Zaff,

We had a problem yesterday with our VPS (first time so far) and before or after reboot some trades were closed on NZDUSD without a proper closing signal.
I believe that the VPS was overloaded and it was not enough memory to handle all our MT4 platforms and trades at the time.

We will consider closing some demo tests for that reason.

This is the only unusual thing that happened yesterday that generated some differences between our live and demo accounts results.

Usually there are differences between brokers, especially between MBTrading and Pepperstone (in our case) and that is because the differences between the price feed, the spread and the commission.

You can see those differences on our Board Index / ForexRealProfitEA Forum / Brokers / Brokers Comparison Topic.

We started a live test on demo accounts on our preferred brokers, to see which one is the best for our robots. The brokers are: FinFX (ECN account), ATCBrokers, HotForex (Currenex account), Oanda, FXOpen (ECN account), Alpari UK (Spread Betting account), ThinkForex and Pepperstone (Razor account).

The differences between brokers are visible on demo accounts also.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Postby zaff » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:34 am

thanks for your clarification. although it keeps taking different trades, i think that the one that is trading most diferently is the all day trend strategy. it would be nice if i can modify the risk on that one if needed because is loosing almost all the trades and is not trading as yours.

if it keeps like this i might start using v5

oh and I'm using pepperstone std account.

regards.
zaff
Beginner

Postby Support_AdrianS » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:39 am

Dear Zaff,

There will always be differences between brokers, as I said before.
We recommend only ECN accounts.
We prefer not to include too many options in the functioning of the robot, for most options are misused depending on short-term results of the robot, which could lead to a wrong conclusion.
Each pair has good periods and bad periods. All pairs and all strategies are profitable in the long term and used together generate a constant gain and a moderate draw down.
Diversification is the safest method of investment also.

If you want to use less from strategy 3 and 4 (those that trade all day), we recommend to avoid trading audusd, nzdusd, gbpusd, eurchf, usdjpy and eurusd.
Personally, I would not give up on eurusd.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Return to Info & Support