Pepperstone Prod Account Vs Demo Account

Questions & Answers

Pepperstone Prod Account Vs Demo Account

Postby kevin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:39 am

Hi All,

I have been running the EA on a Pepperstone Live Razor account for two months and it's working quite well (+10% in two months). But on the side I'm running some tests on demo accounts with Pepperstone aswell using the same setting (only a different base amount) and the trades made by the EA are comlpetely different from the one in production and actually quite bad ones!?

Here is the test account running the latest EA version with all the default settings:
https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/rp-e ... -lr/353838

Compare to the prod account you can see it's doing quite poorly and different trades ?
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/fxrealp ... a-7/278650

Is this something you have experienced with Pepperstone test accounts ? or is it related to the more important base amount ?

Thanks for your help!
kevin
Rookie

Re: Pepperstone Prod Account Vs Demo Account

Postby Support_AdrianS » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 am

Dear Kevin,

That is a big difference indeed.
Of all our real accounts: MBTrading, Pepperstone Razor, Pepperstone Razor Edge, MBTrading, ATC Brokers and AlpariUK and demo accounts: FinFX (ECN account), ATCBrokers, HotForex (Currenex account), Oanda, FXOpen (ECN account), Alpari UK (Spread Betting account), ThinkForex and Pepperstone (Razor account) and other real or demo affiliate partners accounts, we have never met such a big difference.

There are differences between brokers, especially between MBTrading and Pepperstone (in our case) and that is because the differences between the price feed, the spread and the commission.
In this low volatility market those differences can have a big impact to the performance of our robots (the old version especially).

Making an analysis of the two accounts that you compare, I noticed that our real account had 101 trades and your test account had only 48 trades for the same period of time. That makes me think that you are using a Pepperstone Standard demo account.

That doesn't explain what happened on the last day.
I think there was rather a technical problem.
Please check the MT4 log to see if there was a problem with your internet connection or anything else. It is the most logical explanation. The amount invested or the lot size has nothing to do with those differences.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Postby kevin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:36 am

Hi Adrian,

As always thanks for the quick answer. I'm checking with PepperStone the type of demo accounts as I have the same problem with two demo accounts.

The EA run on the same VPS as my production account and this one works great and is very close to your results. So I don't think it's a technical problem at least on the VPS side. But how can I check the logs ?

Best,

Kev
kevin
Rookie

Postby kevin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:40 am

Side note > can you change my user ID ? I'd hide my email address. Thanks
kevin
Rookie

Postby Support_AdrianS » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Dear Kevin,

We changed your forum username and we sent an e-mail with the new login details.

You will find the MT4 logs on: C: \ Program Files \ Your Broker MetaTrader4 \ experts \ logs (folder).

The logs are named as dates, 20120821 for example is the log from yesterday, Monday 21, 2012.

You can open those files with notepad.

Please check for anything unusual.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Postby wiptheman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Adrian,

PepperStone confirmed this is a Razor ECN Demo account. I tried to check the logs at the location you pointed but there is no "Logs" folder ?

Kevin
wiptheman
Rookie

Postby Support_AdrianS » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:17 am

Dear Kevin,

I do not deny the confirmation from Pepperstone team or your good faith, but I cannot help wonder why the statement of your demo account starts at July 27, 2012 and the message that we've received from Pepperstone about the new Edge accounts was on August 15, 2012.
That's not so important though.
It's clear that your demo account it's not Pepperstone Razor account (as ours) and that could generate some differences.

About the log file, please search your PC for a 20120821 file, maybe you will find it that way.
Without the log files you can't see what went wrong that day and the only thing left to do is to wait until it happens again and consult the log file then.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Return to Info & Support