"Invalid Volume"

Questions & Answers

"Invalid Volume"

Postby gav_jonesuk@yahoo.co.uk » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi there,

Can you help me?

I downloaded the demo version and I'm running it on a demo server account at FX Open. I only have a balance of $1,500 (thinking it would be a realistic sum), and have installed FRP 6.04 using the default settings across 11 pairs (not running it on EURUSD as I'm running another test on that pair). I only installed it this last night, and realised this morning my computer had rebooted after Wndows downloaded some updates (now turned that off). There haven't been any trades. I checked the Journal in MT4 and this morning from 6.30am - 7.03am GMT it looks like it tried to trade on GBPUSD but failed [Invalid volume] approximately 140 times.

Here are the two lines associated to each attempted trade:
2012.06.22 07:04:00 '472722': order sell market 0.03 GBPUSD sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000
2012.06.22 07:04:00 '472722': order sell 0.03 GBPUSD opening at 0.00000 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000 failed [Invalid volume]

There are no other entries for any other pair, and FPA is set as default settings.

Do I need to change a setting somewhere?

Kind regards,
G
gav_jonesuk@yahoo.co.uk
Rookie

Re: "Invalid Volume"

Postby Support_AdrianS » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Dear gav_jonesuk,

I found on FXOpen forum that the minimum lot size is 0.1 Lot.
Link: http://forum.fxopen.com/showthread.php?66709-Invalid-Volume-error-while-placing-oreder-at-mt4

Normally our robot adjusts the lot size according to minimum lot size permitted by the broker.
The code is this:

MinLot=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT);
MaxLot=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MAXLOT);

Money Management

if (Lots < MinLot) Lots = MinLot;
if (Lots > MaxLot) Lots = MaxLot;

For some reason your lot size is not calculated correctly. You should trade 0.1 Lots even if by using the default risk the lot size is 0.03.

This problem could be from the broker side, but we will investigate this problem further.

In the meantime please use Money Management set to false and use fixed lots of 0.1.

This also means that if you are using a $1500 account you will risk 3 times more than the default (recommended) risk.

Kind Regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Postby gav_jonesuk@yahoo.co.uk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for taking the time to look this up for me. I have made the suggested changes and will let you know the results when trading opens.

Kind regards,
G
gav_jonesuk@yahoo.co.uk
Rookie

Postby gav_jonesuk@yahoo.co.uk » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi Adrian,

I promised to make the changes then post once I had a chance to review the results. Well, the first point to mention is that the EA started to open trades. The second thing to say is it has opened lots of trades. With two days of trading this has resulted in nine trades, all winners for a total of 36.5 pips.

Thanks for the help in setting this up and I'm really looking forward to continuing testing this on my account and to signing up for the subsciption at the end of the month. Your support was awesome and, so far, is your EA.

Kind regards,
G
gav_jonesuk@yahoo.co.uk
Rookie

Return to Info & Support