Data on Account History and Stop Loss behaviour

Questions & Answers

Data on Account History and Stop Loss behaviour

Postby Ghostrade » Fri May 27, 2011 10:09 am

I wonder why sometime the S/L and T/P are not reported in the Account History. I had this experience but you can see it at your http://www.mt4i.com/users/forexrealprofitea2, as well.

Also, I have two istances of FRP with same broker in FWD test, set with S/L = 100 and S/L = 35. I did that because my back test proved the -35 S/L produces more profit even if it "hits the ceiling" more time (obviously) than the -100 PIPs. This is due to the bigger size of the Lots open (at equal risk size) and a pretty good WIN/LOSS ratio.
Yesterday May 26th they both open a short position on EURCAD which were then closed with -20.3 PIPs at 02:45:06 and -35.0 PIPs at 01:13:21 respectively (loss).
I wonder why, while the latter istance actually hit the S/L at -35, the former one (with recommended S/L at -100) closed later with a lower loss, without hitting the -100 PIPs (exploiting a back retracing) even though the pair had a big jump of +140 PIPs.

Can you pls explain?
Thanks and regards
Ghostrade
Rookie

Re: Data on Account History and Stop Loss behaviour

Postby Support_AdrianS » Fri May 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Dear Ghostrade,

If InvisibleMode is set to true, the S/L and T/P are not transmitted to the broker and they do not appear in the Account History.

Sometime, in very rare occasions, even if the InvisibleMode is set to false, the S/L and T/P are not reported in the Account History because these orders do not reach the broker. This is due to malfunctions in connection with the broker or internet connection, or two orders are transmitted almost simultaneously.

This has no importance in the proper functioning of the program, because it has an internal mechanism that recognizes if TP or SL were reached and then automatically give the order to close the trade.

In the link you mentioned, http://www.mt4i.com/users/forexrealprofitea2, the InvisibleMode was used. The InvisibleMode was set to False for 22:00 to 22:59 trading time and the InvisibleMode was set to True for 23 to 23:59 trading time. As you can see, all trades from 22 have SL and TP and those from 23 have not.
We made some tests to see how it works.

In connection with EURCAD, we never had a losing trade on this currency on May 26, on any of the six real accounts and other demo accounts that we monitor. Pease check to see if the settings are correct. Please check if the trading time settings are correct. To find out the GMT time you can use this link: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/. Knowing the GMT time and your broker local time, you can easily calculate the local broker trading time for 21:00 to 21:59 GMT.

As higher the stop loss is, the more chances are that the price to come back and close on a smaller loss.
The program calculates an eventual retracement, depending on the previous move and closes the transaction on the return.
If we could know before how many pips the current trend will have, we would have been much richer now...

Kind regards,
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Re: Data on Account History and Stop Loss behaviour

Postby Support_AdrianS » Sat May 28, 2011 9:11 am

I need to make a correction to the previous reply.

I confused May 16 with May 26 and I thought we talk about yesterday.

Indeed, on May 16 were losses on EURCAD currency.
I apologize for the confusion.

The remaining response still remains valid.

Kind regards,
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Return to Info & Support