Lack of trades

Questions & Answers

Lack of trades

Postby JohnnyInamoto » Wed May 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi there Adrian,

Thank you so much for all your help so far. I don't mean to bombard you with questions, but I'm not sure my demo is working correctly.

I've noticed that on your FXBook, your EA has made trades yesterday and today. Yesterday I had it set up between 07:30 - 22:30 GMT with 4 currency pairs (I can't remember which 4) and it only made 1 trade. Today I set it up at 07:45 GMT with all 11 currency pairs listed in the installation manual, and until now (18:09 GMT), there has been no trade.

My internet connection is good, my average speed has been around 7.5 mbit download and 0.8 mbit upload.

I have 2 accounts set up with the default settings, Pepperstone Razor and Alpari UK (although Alpari has invisible SL/TP set to true). I assume the spreads on my Pepperstone account are the same as yours.

So I am at a loss. I just do not understand why I've only had 1 trade in 2 days.
JohnnyInamoto
Rookie

Re: Lack of trades

Postby Support_AdrianS » Wed May 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Dear Johnny,

We have 2 robots running on our website, on 3 real accounts.

On Real Account Statement 1 we use both versions in the same time, with half of the default risk.
On Real Account Statement 2 we use the old version, FRPEA v5.27.
On Real Account Statement 3 we use the new version, FRPEA 6.04.

The old version (FRPEA v5.27) is a scalping robot, which trades 1 hour a day on the last hour of New York session, from 21 to 22 GMT.

The new version (FRPEA v6.04) is a more complex robot that uses 4 different strategies, 2 for scalping on Asian session and 2 for scalping on trend all day and it works on 11 currencies.

If you are referring to FRPEA v6.04, please compare your results with our Real Account Statement 3.

We had only one trade also on the last day with FRPEA v6.04, due to high impact news last night.

When set to "true", AvoidNews stops the trading if high impact news are detected one hour before or one hour after a trading signal occurs.

You should let the robots (especially the new version - FRPEA v6.04) run all day long.
You will miss a lot of trades if you close the MT4 platforms few times a day and your forward tests will be irrelevant.

We use 2 VPS services, Photon VPS and Commercial Network Services (CNS) VPS for our 9 real accounts and few demo accounts.
You should consider using a VPS if you can't let the robots run all day on your PC.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Postby JohnnyInamoto » Thu May 10, 2012 9:09 am

Hi Adrian,

Thank you so much for your detailed answers, you're really helping me out. I'll sort out a VPS because I can't leave my computer on over night without the wife giving me grief :-)

How do you use both versions at the same time? That doesn't appear to be in the manual.

Thanks
JohnnyInamoto
Rookie

Postby Support_AdrianS » Thu May 10, 2012 9:31 am

Dear Johnny,

The new version (FRPEA v6.04) can be used together with the old version (FRPEA v5.27) on the same account, but if you are using both robots on the same account we recommend lowering the risk by half for each robot.

Example: if (default) Risk_percent = 4.25 on FRPEA_v5.27 and (default) Risk_percent = 2 on FRPEA_v6.04 then we recommend to change the settings as follows - Risk_percent = 2 on FRPEA_v5.27 and Risk_percent = 1 on FRPEA_v6.04.

You will have to open 9 charts for FRPEA v5.27 and another 11 charts for FRPEA v6.04, which means you will have to open 20 charts for running both robots in the same time on the same MT4 platform.

If you plan to use the new version on separate account or instead of version 5.27, you can use the default risk, or set the risk to whatever Risk_percent you are comfortable with.
More details about the risk can be found on Backtest_Details_FRPEA_v6.03.

We recommend using only FRPEA v6.04 for the current market situation.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Postby support_CataH » Thu May 10, 2012 9:36 am

JohnnyInamoto wrote:Hi Adrian,
Thank you so much for your detailed answers, you're really helping me out. I'll sort out a VPS because I can't leave my computer on over night without the wife giving me grief :-)
How do you use both versions at the same time? That doesn't appear to be in the manual.
Thanks

Yes Johnny, VPS is the way to go. To set up both versions at the same time, open 9 charts for v5.xx and attach EA to each of them, and open 11 charts for v6.xx and attach the EA to each of them. And, in order to keep the risk constant you have to divide the risk by 2, resulting a risk of 2.12% for v5.xx and a risk of 1% for v6.xx.

Regards,
Catalin
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
support_CataH
Beginner

Postby JohnnyInamoto » Thu May 10, 2012 10:03 am

I rarely come across this quality of support, particularly seeing as I'm yet to buy your product. Thank you so much for all your help!!
JohnnyInamoto
Rookie

Postby support_CataH » Fri May 11, 2012 12:53 pm

JohnnyInamoto wrote:I rarely come across this quality of support, particularly seeing as I'm yet to buy your product. Thank you so much for all your help!!

Dear Johnny,

Thank you for your words. We are doing our best to support everybody. We trust our EA at maximum level possible, and we want that everybody understands that this is between very few (I dont want to say only yet :) ) EAs in the world that can produce profits in the long run.

Regards,
Catalin
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
support_CataH
Beginner

Return to Info & Support