Response from BabyPips question

Questions & Answers

Response from BabyPips question

Postby JohnnyInamoto » Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 am

Hello.

I'm replying to this thread [http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/42858-forex-real-profits-ea-11.html] from the BabyPips forum on here because I don't think you'll be allowed to answer my question in full on there.

Basically, you advise to test different brokers with your EA before going live with your chosen one. My question is, after all your rigorous testing, which broker(s) have you settled on and why?

Thanks
Johnny
JohnnyInamoto
Rookie

Re: Response from BabyPips question

Postby Support_AdrianS » Tue May 08, 2012 11:59 am

Dear Johnny,

We used only 3 brokers over the last 3 years and that's MBTrading, Alpari UK and Pepperstone.

It's funny, we actually opened the Pepperstone account just to show Donna (from DonnaForex Forum) that our robot (old version) works on the broker that she was using that time.
In the end it proved to be an excellent choice...

There are differences between our brokers, especially between MBTrading and Pepperstone. That is because the differences between price feed and not so much for the spread or commission.

We made a backtest with our jforex version of the robot on Dukascopy and the backtest result was almost identical with Alpari UK, better then MBTrading and worse than Pepperstone, that means that Pepperstone (Razor) account is doing better than the backtest results...

I don't know if that's a rule, but as I see on FPA brokers reviews, old and famous brokers tend to worsen their services over time.

It's hard to test our robots on all possible brokers out there, maybe we will in the near future.

In the mean time you can make a live forward test on few preferred brokers on demo accounts to see which one is better. As I said, the differences are visible on demo accounts also.

Ultimately, we are here to make profit trading on forex and not to trade with a specific broker. So if there is a broker with better results than other, why not chose the better one?

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Postby JohnnyInamoto » Tue May 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Hey Adrian,

Great response, thank you for your time.

I see Alpari is one of the brokers you've tested. At first I was slightly cautious of signing up to a retail broker but it's nice to know that Alpari UK is a broker you trust.

Just wondering if you've tried using your application to spread bet? Whether that be with Alpari or anyone else?

I assume that your app would work the same, just with a greater risk/reward?

I look forward to your reply.

Johnny
JohnnyInamoto
Rookie

Postby Support_AdrianS » Tue May 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Dear Johnny,

We never tested spread betting accounts or brokers, but I know that our demo versions of the robots has been tested and worked without any problem.

Risk / Reward are the same.
I think the most important advantages are low spreads and commissions in this case.

Kind regards,
Adrian.
ForexRealProfitEA Team
Support_AdrianS

Postby JohnnyInamoto » Wed May 09, 2012 9:28 am

Brilliant, thanks for your time Adrian!!
JohnnyInamoto
Rookie

Return to Info & Support