Trade Session

Questions & Answers

Trade Session

Postby charlesk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi

I've just joined and registered for a demo and have it set up fine. However (don't you love that word :D )I notice that quite a lot of the pairs are saying session closed and the current time is showing 14:45 via ForexPro. I haven't had a trade yet either but that is probably because of a lot of announcements.
Cheers
charlesk
Rookie

Re: Trade Session

Postby support_CataH » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Hello Charles

There is no problem with the session closed message. Trade session will open when the time will come. Some of the pairs trade all day so you will see trade session open for those pairs. You have to be patient. You WILL have trades.

Regards,
Catalin
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
support_CataH
Beginner

Query re contract size

Postby charlesk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:05 am

Hi Thanks for the reply above. I had 4 trades in the end and all winners but I wanted to clarify something about size of trades and profits.
The account size was $9400 (demo) it took 4 trades all withing the space of of 30 mins. Some were closed within about 10 min and one about an hour (all fine) but I realised that the stop loss is 100 pips per tade, but it seems that the EA is taking scalping profits of just a few pips. Is that a fair assessment ? Or is it a case that the particular markets were going no where and the EA decided to close. Obviously I'm just questioning whether we are possibly up for a loss of 100 pips but only picking up $20 on winning trades.

Canu clarify please

Many thanks

Charles
charlesk
Rookie

Postby Support_AdrianS » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Dear Charles,

Stop Loss and Take Profit defines the maximum value in pips when the robot will close a loosing or winning position
ForexRealProfitEA uses a dynamic Stop Loss and Take Profit algorithm.
Not all losing position will be closed on Stop Loss and not all winning positions will be closed on Take Profit.

Please see our real account statements.
For example, our oldest real account has 3 Stop Losses in two years, even if 25% of trades were closed at a loss.
Link: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/fxrealp ... a-4/118971
Trades: 2166
Pips: + 3382.9
Longs Won: (748/1048) 71%
Shorts Won: (810/1118) 72%
Average Win: 4.99 pips
Average Loss: -7.22 pips

So the average win on 2166 trades on our oldest real account is 4.99 pips and average loss is 7.22.

Please see our real account statements and the Backtest_details on tick data for the last 5 years for both robots to draw a correct conclusion regarding TP, SL, or RR ratio.

Kind regards,
Adrian
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Postby charlesk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Many thanks again Adrian. I'll certainly take a look.

Cheers

Charles
charlesk
Rookie

Return to Info & Support