Demo account

Questions & Answers

Demo account

Postby Buttonjock » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi,

I'm using the trial demo version at the moment, however when attaching the EA it gives a message, "Invalid serial number. Please activate your copy of ForexRealProfitEA." Is this normal? My demo account is non-expiring.

Regards
Col
Buttonjock
Rookie

Re: Demo account

Postby Support_AdrianS » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Dear Col,

Activation_Key is not needed for demo accounts; you can leave this field empty.

If you get an activation error, there may be one of these two problems:

1. Lately, Metaquotes update new builds with the same build number. For example, there are three different builds with build number 392.
The problem is that the DLL search the memory only for the build number and try to take the account number. Because Metaquotes have more builds with
same version number, the DLL try to take the wrong offset for users who have made recent updates. Error 4 is "wrong account number in memory.”
We have just added a "safeguard" to our DLL to check the contents of an address besides the build number. From now on we will add this "safeguard" to our DLL all the time for new versions to avoid these problems when Metaquotes does jokes like that.
Please update the Metatrader 4 platform to build 399 or ask the support to send you the ForexRealProfitEA version 5.23 by e-mail.

2. In very rare occasions the EA does not recognize if the broker MT4 platform is demo or live. This is because the broker does not use a classical system of classification for domo / live accounts. It seems like this happened to Oanda.
We want to give everyone the opportunity to test our exert advisor for free, but in this situation we can’t do anything. We are unable to verify if those accounts are demo or real and we can not provide the Activation Key for security reasons.
The best thing to do is to choose another broker for testing. We recommend only ECN brokers.
Please tell us witch broker you are using to check if it is somehow the same problem.

Kind regards,
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
Support_AdrianS

Postby petermatt » Mon May 09, 2011 6:36 am

I have been using your EA on a Demo account and now notice that I cannot open the EA properties once it has been placed on the recommended pairs charts. Is this correct?

Broker - Go Markets
Account - Demo
MT4 Version 4.00 Build 401.

Thanks
Peter
petermatt
Rookie

Postby support_CataH » Mon May 09, 2011 7:07 am

Hi Peter,

Do you use the newest version or ForexRealProfitEA? (v5.23)
support_CataH
Beginner

Postby petermatt » Mon May 09, 2011 7:55 pm

[quote="support_CataH"]Hi Peter,

Do you use the newest version or ForexRealProfitEA? (v5.23)[/quote]

Hi Catalin

Yes.

Pete
petermatt
Rookie

Postby support_CataH » Mon May 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Well Pete, seems that Metaquotes plays games with us. It's a mess with all this new builds released lately. We discovered today an autentification problem that randomly appeared on some accounts. If you have any problems at all, use an older build of the MT4 untill we release the new version.
Please get back to us, and tell us how you are doing.

Regards,
Catalin
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
support_CataH
Beginner

Postby petermatt » Wed May 11, 2011 8:06 am

Hi Catalin,

Your EA had been going extremely well on my Demo accounts but I then put it on a platform last week with another couple of EA's just to be sure that it would trade OK, along came MT4 update and boom nothing. I was going to purchase this within the next few weeks and ask about pricing for 2 live accounts. I currently run 6 instances of MT4 on my laptop 3 on one live account and 3 on the other. One platform only operates on each account for Monday morning Gap trades and then gets closed so for the rest of the week I have 4 running.and run Demos at work on their PC Mmmmmm. I wanted to add your EA to each account on one of their respective platforms to keep the instances down and still allow for plenty of RAM etc.
In regard to the cost etc of having it on 2 accounts perhaps you can PM me (not sure if you can do that on this Forum) or email me (I've emailed you guys in the past petermatt@*******.com.**). I'm also concerned about refunds if EA doesn't suit Go Markets Live?

Pete
petermatt
Rookie

Postby support_CataH » Wed May 11, 2011 9:21 am

Dear Pete,

As I said before since Metaquotes updated the MT4 to build 401, problems with the authentication were reported. So we have to keep up all the times with everything that they change (and they do it very often lately). We already have updated the .dll file to comply with build 401 but seems that in very rare occasions problems are still there. Me personally had authentication problem on on of my live accounts a couple of days ago, so we had to make some minor changes to the .dll and now it works. We will prepare the file for distributing and as soon as is is ready we will upload it on the forum and let you know that we have done so.

Regarding Go Markets, do not worry. Birt from eareview.net has a live account with Go Markets and has no problem at all. In fact there is no broker incompatible with our robot. It should work with any broker that offers MT4. If by any chance an incompatible broker would be found, we can study the problem and adapt ForexRealProfitEA to work.

As for the refund, there is a "no question asked" policy, so no matter what the reason is, we will refund anybody who asks. Well... if we ask you the reason just to know what your discontent was, that doesn't mean we will not refund you. ;) It's logic that we always want to know the reason for refunds, so we can try to do our best that in the future that those reasons will not repeat.

The additional account license is $99 one time fee, and it is valid as long as you keep the yearly subscription active.

Regards,
Catalin
ForexRealProfitEA Team.
support_CataH
Beginner

Postby support_CataH » Wed May 11, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi Pete,

We have uploaded the modified files on the forum. Please download ForexRealProfitEA again and let us know if everything is ok.

Regards,
Catalin
support_CataH
Beginner

Postby tradingshed@4eggs.net » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 pm

HI all. I am testing the EA on a demo account and it has not made a trade in over a week.

I guess it could be because of the settings but I am using standard settings and ECN broker.

Any ideas?
tradingshed@4eggs.net
Rookie

Next

Return to Info & Support